Immunologix Laboratories is an innovative, science-based, expanding bioanalytical and biomarker assay organization that collaborates with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and related life sciences companies with their therapeutic drug development efforts. Our laboratories support our clients via outsourcing by providing experienced GLP/GCP-compliant bioanalytical and biomarker assay establishment and implementation for large molecules using ligand-binding platforms. Immunologix also connects our Laboratory Sciences with consultatory drug development experts for bioanalytical and biomarker assay strategy and implementation with our Translational Sciences services.
We are seeking a Business Development Director to promote the company’s portfolio of Laboratory Science and Translational Science services to grow existing accounts and secure new business at pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. You will join an industry-leading, experienced team and play a critical role in identifying areas of growth and aligning our science solutions with current industry strategies in drug development. This position is home-based and will have responsibility for new and existing clients in the designated region.
You will be responsible for developing and growing client portfolios, building awarded projects backlog, and increasing market presence of Immunologix by connecting, developing, presenting, and closing new business relationships as well as expanding current accounts in the assigned region. As an integral member of the Business Development team, you will interact with the Director of Business, Laboratory Sciences and operations, Translational Sciences, and senior management to develop and close opportunities.
- Meet or exceed revenue target in assigned territory
- Research, identify, qualify and prioritize new business opportunities according to strategic fit with client programs
- Identify primary influencers and decision-makers within targeted companies to establish long-term positive collaborations and drive project awards.
- Client-centric focus to support entire opportunity life cycle through project initiation and subsequent client management with a strong focus on individualized service
- Drive prospective clients to engage in capabilities presentations and site qualification visits/audits
- Build, grow, and report complete business pipeline of prospective clients and active opportunities and be primary point person for the company in assigned region
- Maintain knowledge of competitor’s offerings and activities in assigned region
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in life science (preferred), business administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
- Not less than four (4) years’ experience in sales leadership, account management, or related industry.
- Sales experience for life sciences services and consulting services highly preferred
- Significant knowledge of large molecule bioanalytical services and market
- Established history portfolio growth and meeting/exceeding goals
- Ability to establish and grow decision-maker and influencer networks through professional sales and interpersonal skills with a disciplined and organized approach
- Demonstrated motivated and active work engagement in both independent and team settings
- Excellent computer skills with significant experience with CRM platforms preferred
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, presentation, and negotiating skills
- Requires frequent travel (up to 50%)
- Primarily office
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets
- Work requires frequent travel (up to 50%)
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours
If interested, please send CV to